Terms and Conditions:
French Assist of 100 Cowper Road, Harpenden, AL5 5NL, Herts, England.
The ‘Client‘ shall mean the person who accepts a quotation of French Assist for the sale of the Services or whose order for the Services is accepted by French Assist.
“Services” means services such as foreign language tuition, interpreting and translation, business culture, business support, consulting, event management, marketing & communications, property management & support, special events & holiday and relocation services.
“Conditions” means the standard terms and conditions of sale set out in this document.
The ‘tutor‘ shall mean any person assigned by French Assist to deliver the tuition, which may include substitute teachers.
‘Force Majeure‘ shall mean any event outside French Assist’ control which prevents the prompt performance of its obligations, including natural disasters, terrorist attacks, war and civil strife, etc.
Service description, cancellations and changes:
Foreign language tuition:
- If, for some unforeseen reason, French Assist is unable to make a tutoring day, French Assist will make up the tuition. Make up tuition will happen at a time and date that is convenient for both the client and French Assist, with no timeframe linked to it, but within a reasonable period.
- If the client misses a tuition through no fault of their own (ie a school or business trip) French Assist will also make up the tuition. Make up tuition will usually happen within 7 days of the original tuition. If the client can't make up the tuition within this period, French Assist will charge for the tuition.
- If the client is on holiday, away or cancels less than 7 days before or forgets about the tuition, French Assist will not make up the tuition and French Assist will charge for the tuition missed.
- Tuition time lost due to later arrival of the tutor (e.g. transport delays) may be made up at the end of the tuition or rescheduled, depending on the Client’s preference. Tuition time lost due to late arrival of the Client may be made up by direct arrangement with the tutor, at the tutor’s discretion.
- Any material supplied by French Assist is strictly for the use of the tuition and shall not be passed or used for any other purpose whatsoever.
- Cancellation or transfer of a tuition must be notified to French Assist in writing (includes by e-mail). If a Delegate withdraws from a Course/tuition once it has started, or fails to attend, the full amount of the Course/tuition Fee shall be payable.
- The tutor has the right to withdraw from tutoring if confronted with unprofessional or discourteous behaviour or if the Client is not fit to take the tuition due to for example intoxication or other similar factors.
- Notice: half a term’s notice in writing is required if you decide to discontinue language tuition with French Assist.
-Conditions to be agreed for each contract at the discretion of French Assist and the Client.
- Services time lost due to later arrival of French Assist (e.g. transport delays) may be made up at the end of the session or rescheduled, depending on the Client’s preference. Service time lost due to late arrival of the Client may be made up at the discretion of French Assist.
- Notice: a month’s notice in writing is required if you decide to discontinue ongoing other services with French Assist.
Payment Terms, Fees & Additional Costs:
- Foreign language tuition: The client can pay French Assist by cash before each tuition or get an invoice at the beginning of each half term/month and tuition will commence once payment has been received. Payment can be made by bank transfer to Valerie O'Connell, Halifax Bank Sort Code 10-00-01, Account 07799978 or by cash.
- Other services: The client will get an invoice at the end of the month. Payment can be made by bank transfer to Valerie O'Connell, Halifax Bank Sort Code 10-00-01, Account 07799978 or by cash.
- Payment for foreign language tuition and other services are due within 10 working days of invoice date. French Assist shall carry a late payment charge of 10 per cent of the original amount, if the invoice is not paid within this period, unless specified differently.
- French Assist is based at 100 Cowper Road, Harpenden, AL5 5NL, Herts, England. If the client requests services to be provided otherwise than at French Assist of 100 Cowper Road, Harpenden, AL5 5NL, Herts, England, then all travel and subsistence expenses incurred shall be paid for by the Client at cost. These include but are not limited to: train, bus, air and taxi fares, hotel rooms, meals on overnight business trip, hire charges, car parking and mileage cost at the flat rate of 45p/mile (as per the HMRC rate).
PHONE:+44 (0)7733 118 359